Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DIY Mint and Polka Dot Nails


My first nail tutorial!  I found one similar to this somewhere else and made my own version.  My mom wanted her nails done for her birthday and I thought this would be fun.



These are the guys: Wet n Wild Black Creme, dELiA's Blue-Mint Nail, Mary Kay base coat/top coat, Art Deco Silver Glitter, and Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in White.
The first thing you want to do is add your base coat.
Then add that mint color or whatever your main color is going to be.
Make half the nail black.  I did the top half of the thumb black on this hand and the ring finger the same on the other half otherwise I just made the half farthest away from the middle the black half.

Add those dots with the pen and put that sparkly stripe down the middle.  The best part about that step is it covers up your mistakes if your lines weren't too straight before.  Last part is to add that top coat and you're all set!

Make sure to let each coat dry in between so this does take some time but it's not too difficult at all.  Also clean up those edges if you got some on your fingers like I did.

She liked them!  Happy Birthday Mom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...