Thursday, September 19, 2013

DIY Beach Jar

 My friend has a beautifully decorated, beach-themed basement and what better to give her for her birthday than a decoration to add to her space.  I found this tutorial on Pinterest and souped it up a bit to make it my own.  Definitely check out that mini tutorial and I will show you what I used as well.




1. Glass Jar from Hobby Lobby 2. Bag of shells (Jo-Ann's) 3. Mod Podge (Hobby Lobby) 4. Fabric bow (from my scraps) 5. Pack of 3 starfish (Jo-Ann's) 6. Wooden Coral (Hobby Lobby) 7. Wooden letter (Jo-Ann's) 8. Tan yarn (scrap collection I believe from Hobby Lobby) 9. Sand-looking paper (Jo-Ann's)
First thing I did was mod podge the "A." Took a while because of all the rounded corners.
While I waited for that to dry I filled the jar with the wood, shells and two of the starfish.  It took a bit of maneuvering.

I tied the bow on tight with the yarn and strung the last starfish through the front and tied it in a bow.


I also tied the "A" down the back so it's kind of hidden but just like an added surprise :)


I'm quite happy how it turned out and Abi really liked it too!  I even have leftover shells so I might make her something else for her basement pretty soon (shh don't tell!)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even see the A till I got home!! I love it! You put so much work into this, Britt!!! You are the best :D PS you can't post secrets on a blog ;) haha I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Good idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...