Monday, October 3, 2011

Floral Design

I just finished my 5 week floral design class and when i first started I was a bit worried because we had to buy all of our own artificial flowers and supplies.  We also had 3 hours a week to fill with arranging flowers and I had no idea how I would use that time!  But as I went along I realized I needed all the time I could get.  I had so much fun those 5 weeks, I wish we had the opportunity to do more arrangements.

Pinned Image
We had to a traditional arrangement even on all sides for the first arrangement.  My arrangement is on the left and the inspiration on the right.  This one sits on my nightstand.


Our second arrangement was supposed to be a contemporary design but I kind of messed up because I wanted to make my sister Meghan this wonderful design with her favorite flowers.  My instructor told me this couldn't count as a contemporary design and it had to be more simplistic but I could use it towards points for my "own" design.  In the end it all worked out and Meghan loved it.

The next week I got credit for this contemporary arrangement inspired by the right picture found here.
I just realized the other day that the beautiful cream flowers match our wonderful living room painting to a tee!
Pinned Image
Our actual assignment for the 3rd arrangement was to find an interesting container or do a structural design.  I went with flowers in a bird cage! (inspiration on the bottom)

And for the final arrangement we pretty much could do whatever we wanted so I had to make my own flowers of course!  I made a yarn wrapped wreath with felt flowers for a fall themed wreath.
Here are just a few I made and glued silver clips to the backs so I can change them out late and make the wreath a different theme!
Wrapping this baby took 3 hours...
Final product!

So as you can see, LOTS of work but great results and tons of fun!  Don't ever take a floral design class for granted, I learned so much and will be able to help lots of people in the future! I'm also hoping to make more designs and have been pinning like crazy some ideas I want to try. Visit my Pinterest account!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...