Friday, February 25, 2011

Classy by Derek Blasberg

So I just started reading this book Classy by Derek Blasberg and I am completely in love.  If you are a fashion major (like me) or are interested in throwing a spankin party or are just a girl in general, I totally recommend this book.  It just has everything on how to pack for a long trip, how to identify fake Prada and Louis Vuitton bags, when to thank the host (straight away), how to set a formal dinner table, what to wear on a first date. . .I could go on and on. Everything you need to know is in this book.  It's simply a instructional book on how to act like a lady and how to not act like a tramp.  And Derek Blasberg is a genius.  He has a witty humor that you wouldn't expect from a man writing a book on table manners and proper dress.

Everything in this books seems to be popping up in my life lately too.  I just read about correct place settings and the next day, a girl in one of my classes gave a presentation on it.  One girl asked when you are supposed to place the napkin on your lap (because she thought it was once the meal started ) and I whipped out my book and showed her otherwise (it's right as you sit down if you wanted to know).

Needless to say, I feel like I'm turning into an accomplished lady of modern-day times.  Thanks Julie for the perfect birthday present.

3 comments:

  1. When you go on a Cruise, no need to "worry" about when to place your napkin in your lap because they do it for you when they seat you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Britter! I'm so happy you like it!
    It looks like I may need to invest for myself. Could you imagine the potential of our annual summer tea party if we both knew the tip on how to be a lady? (the first tea party was this past summer. I've decided we should make it annual) Oh man! So good!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't worry, I've decided to make it annual too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...